- Tour time: 17 hours.
- Guide service 3 hours in Spanish or English.
- Pick up from the hotel door.
- Includes entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Includes roundtrip train travel
- Includes bus trip Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Easy payment with Visa, MasterCard and PayPal.
- Immediate confirmation.
What will I see during the tour?
The Inca City of Machu Picchu offers you several places of great mystery and history. The remoteness and nature has well preserved its main Inca temples and structures such as: the Temple of the Condor, the Temple of the Sun, the Temple of the 3 Windows, the Main Temple and many more.
Machu Picchu town
Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu town is located at the foot of the Inca City. It has thermal baths, hotels, cafes, bars and other tourist services. There you take the train back to Cusco.
Temple of the Condor
One of the most famous buildings in Machu Picchu. Its architecture has the figure of the Andean condor, one of the sacred birds according to the Incas.
One of the most sacred precincts for the Incas in Machu Picchu. This place was dedicated to the sun, the most important god of the Incas.
Temple of the 3 Windows
This popular construction is in the Main Plaza of Machu Picchu. The 3 windows would summarize the Inca worldview: the condor, the puma and the snake.
This mysterious structure is in the heart of Machu Picchu. It is believed that the Incas performed religious ceremonies and even human sacrifices there.
We start the Cusco to Machu Picchu Day Trip very early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco, to travel for 2 hours by car to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo, it is here where you will board the train that passes through the Sacred Valley of the Incas in a Fantastic journey that goes from the Andes to the jungle in Aguas Calientes, this beautiful train trip lasts 1h 45min. Upon arrival in this small town, our representative will be waiting to assist you until you take the bus that will take you to the Archaeological Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, the trip takes 30 minutes.
Finally we will arrive at the sanctuary of Machu Picchu, open your arms and feel the magic of this ancient place, enjoy the impressive view from the Inca citadel, surely it is a moment that you looked forward to. After the unforgettable moment, our guide will begin the tour that will last 2 hours so that you can better understand the history and architecture of this wonderful place, you will also know the areas in which the citadel was divided, which despite being isolated could self hold.
After the guided tour you can enjoy Machu Picchu in your own way, you can take photos and explore the place freely. In the afternoon, you will have time to have lunch and explore the town of Aguas Calientes, which has many restaurants and craft shops. Here we will board the train back to Ollantaytambo where our representative will wait for you with a sign and your name written, he will drive you to your hotel in Cusco and thus we finish our full day tour to Machu Picchu in one day.
The indicated train schedules are referential and may vary based on train availability departures.
- Pick up from the Hotel in Cusco.
- Transfers from Cusco to Ollantaytambo Station
- Train Ticket Expeditions Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu)
- Reception At the Aguas Calientes train station.
- Tourist Bus Up / Down to the Inca Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket for the Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Tour to Machu pichu Full Day
- Professional Guide in Machu Picchu
- Expeditions train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo Station to Cusco.
- * Informative talk (one day before).
- Tourist Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Ticket to climb the Huayna Picchu Mountain: US $ 45 per person.
- Consult the extra cost to upgrade from Train to Vistadome or Panoramico
- Drinks like Water, Soda.
- Phone calls.
- Snack, water, tips.
- Local Flights
What to bring for the Machu Picchu One Day Tour
- Personal documents.
- Backpack for Machu Picchu – Luggage Transfer Policies on Board the train (Route to Machu Picchu): Only 1 bag or backpack of 05kg / 11lb is allowed.
- Sneakers, light pants, polo or shirt, a cap or a hat, sunscreen, repellent, rain poncho in rainy season.
- Water bottle.
- If you take medications, bring your medications.
- Photo camera and camcorder (charger or batteries)
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I can’t find availability of the Local train?
In case of not finding availability of the local train, the option of the Expedition tourist train will be taken. For this, USD $ 130.00 must be added to the package «which is the price of the Expedition train ticket»
How far in advance should I book the Cusco to Machu Picchu Day Trip?
We receive reservations at least 48 hours in advance. However, places are limited and are always subject to availability. Tickets for the Machu Picchu citadel are in high demand, running out in some cases months in advance. For this reason, we recommend that you make the reservation as far in advance as possible.
How long does the visit to Machu Picchu last?
The visit lasts three hours. In the first hour, the guided tour of the citadel will take place. Then, you will have the rest of the time to freely roam the citadel.
I already have my ticket to Machu Picchu purchased, is it possible to reserve the Cusco to Machu Picchu Day Trip by discounting the entrance from the total price?
Yes. To make the reservation in this way, you must write to us by email, indicating the number of people traveling and the date they want to start the program, and we will send you the corresponding quote along with the instructions to reserve.
How is the weather in Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu is located between the Andes Mountains and the Amazon rainforest, having a warm and temperate climate, with an average minimum temperature of 12 ° C and an average maximum temperature of 24 ° C. From April to October is the dry season in the place, that is, during that period there is a lower probability of rain, while from November to March is the rainy season, that is, during that period there is a greater probability of rain. Notwithstanding the previous differentiation, during every day of the year there is the possibility of rain, since it is a subtropical area.