Day 01: Wiñayhuayna – Aguas Calientes
- 04:00 hrs. Pick up from the hotel
- 04:15 hrs. Departure by bus from Cusco – Train station (Ollantaytambo)
- 06:10 hrs. Train ride to Km 104
- 08:00 hrs. Walk of Km 104 – Wiñayhuayna
- 11:45 hrs. Rest and Lunch
- 15:00 hrs. Hike to Machu Picchu
- 15:45 hrs. Descent by bus to Aguas Calientes 25 min.
- 18:00 hrs. Dinner and overnight
Day 02: Visit to Machu Picchu
- 06:00 hrs. Breakfast
- 07:00 hrs. Go up by bus to Machu Picchu 25 minutes approx.
- 08:00 hrs. Visit to Machu Picchu 2 hrs. approx.
- 14:00 hrs. Return to Aguas Calientes
- 16:22 hrs. Return by train to Ollantaytambo
- 18:05 hrs. Transfer by bus, Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- 20:30 hrs. Arrival in Cusco
Day 01: Cusco – Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu
Early in the morning, we will pick you up at your hotel, to transfer you to the train station in Ollantaytambo for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, during the tour you can see the Sacred Valley of the Incas, farmlands, majestic snow-capped mountains; In Ollantaymtambo we will board the train that will take you to km. 104 the trip is approximately 1 hour. It is here at Km 104 (2,200 m / 7,218 ft) where we will start the walk, we will pass through the bridge that is over the Urubamba or Willkamayuc river, which translated from Quechua means Sacred River, which was very important to them. When you arrive at the control point you have to show the identification documents, be it a Passport or Immigration Card or a National Identity Document. A 15 minute walk is the archaeological center of Chachabamba and Choquesuysuy that are hidden in the semi-tropical forest, after your visit we will begin the walk through stairs in an ascending way until we reach the next place on the way we will observe the sacred valley , waterfalls and different types of orchids of the semi-tropical forest, after 4 hours of walking we will arrive at Wiñaywayna (2,650 m / 8,694 ft) shows a perfect example of what agriculture was in the time of the Incas, since Along its slopes lie a large number of circular terraces, where the Incas cultivated different agricultural products. The name of Wiñaywayna comes from a beautiful orchid that abounds in the area and that has the meaning in Spanish «Eternally young» and has more than 20 buildings, one of them the Temple of the Rainbow also called Temple of Fertility, the visit will be After 1 hour on average, you will enjoy a box lunch to recharge your batteries and continue until you reach the Wiñaywayna checkpoint.
In this second part of the tour we will walk for 2 hours through an Andean plane, stone stairs and tambos («resting places») until we reach Inti Punku – Puerta del Sol (2,720 m / 8,924 ft) which in the time of the Incas functioned as entry control to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; from here you have an impressive panoramic view of Machu Picchu and the entire valley that surrounds it, then we will descend for approximately 30 minutes to the wonder of the world Machu Picchu (2,490 m / 8,169 ft) and finally we will take the bus to Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu Pueblo (2,160 m / 7,087 ft) the trip lasts 25 minutes, here we will spend the night in a basic lodging. If you are not very tired, you have the option of visiting the thermal baths that are located 5 minutes from the town, the cost is 10 soles. For those who like to dance or have a few drinks in a bar, we inform you that Aguas Calientes has a wide variety of bars and restaurants, including an ATM, in case you wish to withdraw money from the bank.
Day 02: Machu Picchu – Cusco
We start early with a comforting breakfast and then get ready to go to the Citadel of Machu Picchu; here we have two options: go by bus or walk; we include a bus ticket (up or down). The walk to Machu Picchu is 1 hour and 30 minutes, the first 30 minutes of a flat walk to the Ruinas bridge and then climb the properly marked stands.
This enigmatic and mysterious city is explored for approximately 2 hours in the company of your guide, who will provide you with information about this wonder, you can visit the most impressive places such as the Royal Mausoleum, the temple of the 3 windows, the main temple, the Sacred Square , the famous Intihuatana where the Inca sages tied the sun on the winter solstice in June, stairways, squares, fountains, etc. After the guided excursion you will have free time of 5-6 hours, to take pictures, or visit Huayna Picchu or «Young Mountain» that has only 400 spaces, divided into two groups: first group (07:00 am – 08:00 am). 00 am), second group (10:00 am – 11:00 am). Then you will go down to the town of Aguas Calientes either by bus or walking according to your choice. At night we will take a train to Ollantaytambo where our driver will wait for us to take us back to the City of Cusco.
- Interview with the guide prior to the walk, for detailed information about the walk and delivery of the corresponding map.
- Professional guide.
- Additional guide for groups over 9 people.
- Food (01 Breakfast / 01 Box Lunch / 01 Dinner).
- Free vegetarian option; inform in advance please.
- First aid kit, oxygen bottle.
- Transportation Hotel Cusco – Ollantaytambo.
- Transportation by train Ollantaytambo – Km 104
- Entrance ticket to the network of Caminos del Inca and Machu Picchu.
- Guided in Machu Picchu for 2 hours.
- Bus Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Train Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo (Expedition service, regular schedule 4:22 p.m.).
- Transportation Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu: USD $ 65.00.
- 1 extra porter (14 kg) to help you with your personal luggage: USD $ 70.00
- Walking stick x 01: USD $ 8.00 per person.
- Vistadome Service: USD $ 50.00. Return 13:37 hrs. – 15:48 hrs. – 17:23 hrs., Subject to availability.
- Daily departures (except in February, which maintain the Inca Trail route).
- At the time of making the reservation, all the information must match those of your passport or identity document.
- It is a mandatory requirement to carry the passport or original document with which you made the reservation throughout the Inca Trail.
- In the case of students, it is mandatory to carry the original ISIC Card along with the passport during the Inca Trail tour.
- In case of finding fraudulent and / or expired ISICs, entry to the Caminos del Inca network will be denied without any claim or refund.
- The return train schedule may vary according to availability.
- Tips for guides, cooks and porters are not included in the tour price.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original passport (and International Student Card (ISIC) if I apply for this option).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Wool jacket to warm up, hat and gloves
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Reusable plastic bottle or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for the first 4 hours of walking, then we will give you the Water previously
- Insect repellent
- Hygiene items
- Personal medications
- Photo camera and movies
- Flashlight with spare batteries (headlights are helpful