Did you know?
- Huacachina is the only natural oasis formed in a desert in South America.
- Huacachina is quite popular with Peruvians and foreigners, it has a great atmosphere, especially on weekends. Which also means that it is better to reserve accommodation in advance, especially on weekends and holidays, but if you require a private room.
- Escape from Lima are the only ones with direct buses to Huacachina, other companies only go to the nearest city, Ica, where you will then have to take a taxi.
Huacachina is a natural oasis in a desert, it is sunny all year round, do not expect any other climate than the hot one.
How to get to Huacachina?
Huacachina is home to the best Sandboxing and Sandboarding in Peru.
If you are looking for information on the best buses to Huacachina, visit our passes page. Select your departure city, the countries you want to visit and the amount of time you have to travel. Then check out our passes to see which of them include your desired stop in Huacachina.
What to do in Huacachina?
Definitely the best known activities in the place are the tubular buggy and sandboard tours in the Huacachina desert, which consists of touring the desert mounted on the tubular also known as a sandbox car, going up and down the desert dunes which can Passing 150 meters high, this tour is complemented with the practice of sandboarding, which consists of descending the dunes mounted on a board similar to a snowboard.
Other activities that can be done are ATV rides, paragliding, boat rides in the Huacachina Lagoon, see the crafts of the place and of course enjoy the landscape of the oasis, you can walk up the dunes and see the sunset Or simply admire the landscape, of course it requires a bit of physical effort but you will see that it is worth it.
We will pick you up at your hotel or bus station, then we will go to Huacachina where our Sand Cars will be waiting for group departures, if you book a private tour you can leave at any time.
The Tubular Sandboarding Tour begins with a full adrenaline ride through the sand dunes of the Huacachina desert, going up and down like on a roller coaster. Then we will make a first stop to take photos of the desert.
Then we continue with the practice of sandboarding. For this our driver will make stops at the highest points of the dunes in order to have a better experience. If you have time, you can go up in the last turn in which you can also see the sunset.
We finish with our panoramic view of the oasis of Huacachina
No experience is needed, since an official driver from our travel agency will instruct you, you only need the desire to have a good time.
At the end of our tour, we will meet again at the meeting point that is our office, and then transfer you to your hotel, bus station or continue with the next tour if applicable. End of the Tour Sandboarding in Huacachina
- Tubular cart ride
- Personalized assistance
- Entrance ticket
Does Not Include:
- Tours not mentioned in the description.
- Guided tours (included)
- Buggies, sandboxes, off road (included)
- Sandboard (included)
- A minimum of 02 participants is required for this program.
- Services are performed in shared.
- The tour lasts 01 hour, only the 4:00 p.m. shift lasts 02 hours and if you choose this shift you will be able to enjoy the sunset (Fall of the sun).
- It is recommended to bring rehydrating drinks.
- The tours described in the itinerary can be offered in Shared Mode.
- The tours and activities carried out by this Operator have a low level of risk and difficulty and provide the necessary security.
- Any material loss or accident is under the responsibility of the client.
- Service is subject to change without prior notice, due to weather issues (rains, mudslides, overflows, etc.), strikes and / or demonstrations and any other event that does not allow the normal development of the itinerary.
- Any cancellation of the service for the reasons indicated, does not apply refund.
- In this case, the Operator could carry out a contingency plan with an alternative tour.
- The Itinerary may vary at the discretion of the operator, always to guarantee the safety of the traveler and the best development of the service as a whole.
- If you decide to withdraw before the end of the service, there is no refund.
- If you bring or buy snacks during the tours, preferably light ones (dried fruits, cookies and water).
- If you do not attend the day of the service, it will be considered as “Done” with no place for Claims, Postponements or Returns.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it possible to do the Areneros tour the same day if I will leave for Paracas / Lima at 6.30pm?
If possible. The tour starts at 4:00 p.m. and lasts 2 hours, so you will be back around 6:00 p.m. If you are already registered on the bus, we will wait for you to return from the tour if there is any delay.
Is sandboarding safe?
Sandboarding is safe as long as you are responsible so take it easy, as every year there are accidents of people who go too fast. You will not win against a wall of sand
Are the Sandboxes safe?
Yes, the buggies of our recommended operator are very safe. Their drivers will make sure you have a ton of fun, but they will never take any chances. All seats have a seat belt so they are well fastened. Not all operators have modern and safe sandboxes so it is important to be careful when booking tours.
Can I handle the sandbox myself?
Sandboxes cannot be operated. All the drivers are certified, you cannot drive a sandbox through the dunes without a special certificate or permit. You will understand why once you do the tour!
I want to spend more time sandboarding, can I rent boards per day?
Yes. For those who want to stay in Huacachina and hone their skills there are many places in town where they can rent boards for themselves by the hour, half a day or a full day.
I was late and missed the tour. Can I change it for the next day?
Unfortunately if you are late and miss the sandboarding tour the operator will charge the full amount for the NO SHOW as your seat was reserved in the sandbox and it was not sold to anyone else. If you would like to book the tour again for the next day there is no problem, but you will have to pay again.
What to bring?
- Comfortable clothes
- Light pants to protect your knees in case you want to go down lying on the sandboarding table
- Closed shoes preferably (no sandals)