The Urubamba River runs from the high Andean mountain ranges through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, beyond Machupicchu and into the jungle. In the river you can enjoy the exciting rafting depending on the section of the river there are areas of rapids; depending on the time of year. One of our most popular Rafting sections during the season is Class IIl Chuquicahuana “Chuqui” on the Alto Urubamba River. There are good class III rapids and also in this area the water is not polluted. This section of the river is more intense with Class III and III rapids, we will include a cataraft or safety kayak.
We pick you up at your hotel in our private transport, after an hour and a half by car we arrive at the entrance to the shores of our private camp «Cusipata River Lodge», where we will leave your luggage. Here you can enjoy hot showers, baths, sauna and a comfortable dining room.
Our professional rafting guides will provide you with all the appropriate rafting equipment such as a helmet, wetsuit, spray jacket, paddle and raft. After a comprehensive safety talk, we will drive for 10 more minutes to the Chuqui area. From here we will do canoeing for two hours in the class river. III and III +. Then, we will conclude the rafting in our CUSIPATA RIVER LODGE ”where we will enjoy a good lunch and we will be able to enjoy a relaxing SAUNA. and you can also zipline to the urubamba river each from 100 meters. We will return at 5:00 p.m.
- Transportation from Cusco to the entrance to the river
- All rafting equipment, such as helmet, life jacket, paddle, raft, dust jacket, wet suit and booties.
- Professional rafting guide in English
- Safety kayaker
- Transportation back from the river
- Hot showers, toilets
- We have a good bar and socializing area.
- You need to bring a complete set of dry clothes.
- Sunscreen, factor 50, recommended
- A small towel
- A swimsuit to wear under the wetsuit
WHAT TO BRING?
- A complete set of dry clothes
- A small towel
- A swimsuit to wear under your wetsuit
- Good positive mental fitness