Sky Bike Cusco Images
What is Sky Bike?
‘Sky Bike’ or flying bicycles consists of crossing a canyon riding a bicycle.
Sky Bike is a proposal for a ride in the air, which tests the spirit of adventure with the necessary guarantees. The package is armed with via ferrata, skybike, rappelling and rock climbing.
Where is Sky Bike located in Cusco?
Location: Sky Bike Adventure Circuit, Cachimayo District, Anta Province, Cusco Department.
This incredible experience can be lived in the town of Cachimayo, just 20 minutes from the city by taxi or bus, between the rocky hills of Catedralniyok.
This sport is performed in Catedralniyoc located at 3380 meters above sea level and 20 minutes from the city of Cusco, an imposing rocky outcropping that resembles in shape and size the Cathedral of Cusco, at the top of this formation they are installed the cables to carry out the Sky bike, but before accessing the bicycles the visitor must earn the top by climbing a rock or doing a via ferrata along one of the six routes that the walls of the place have.
- Easy Cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- COVID-19 Precautions: Special health and safety measures apply.
- Small group: A maximum of 15 participants
- Duration: 6 hours
- Start time: 7:30
- Immediate confirmation
- Instructor: English, Spanish
- Pick-up service included: The pick-up service is valid for hotels and establishments within the historic center of Cusco.
What will you visit in this Activity?
- The Town of Cahimayo in Cusco.
- The Sky Bike Cusco Adventure Circuit.
What will you do?
- Take a thrilling bike ride through the 50 meter high sky
- Rappel off the side of a cliff
- Test your strength by climbing 15 meters
- 08:00: Pick up from the accommodation and departure towards the District of Cachimayo.
- 08:30: Arrival at the Adventure Tourism Park.
- 08:45: We get ready to put on all the equipment and then we will receive a small instructive talk.
- 09:00: We will start the circuit, first the ascent by the via ferrata, then the Sky Bike and finally, if you choose the All Inclusive Package, the descent in rappel of 25 meters high.
- 12:00: Free time to refresh, hydrate and eat a snack or fruit.
- 13:00: Departure towards the city of Cusco (approximate arrival 21:00).
The adventure begins heading to the Cachimayo District, this is only 35 minutes from the center of Cusco. Here is our adventure space. The circuit begins by climbing the via ferreta (45 meter high ascent). Once at the top, we will prepare to do the Sky Bike, an activity that consists of pedaling a bike on rails stretched from one end to the other, hooked to a higher lifeline, the total distance of the round trip is 250 meters and 50 meters high.
For those who want to finish the complete circuit, we offer the option of descending from the bikes platform, a 25 meter high wall. Once everyone is down, we will have a time to share experiences, enjoy a hydrating drink and snack. Then, finally, we will start the return to the city recharged with energy.
- Distance by Van from Cusco to Cachimayo: 35 minutes.
- Walking distance from Cachimayo to the SkyBike Adventure Circuit: 10 minutes.
- Maximum height in Cachimayo: 3423 meters of altitude.
- Climate: Maximum temperature 21 °.
- Best time to carry out activities: from April to October.
- Pick up place: Pick up from the hotel (valid only for hotels near the Plaza de Armas in Cusco).
Sky Bike video
Sky bike Cusco price
Price of the Sky Bike Tour in Cusco: US$ 35
- Equipment for each activity (harnesses, helmet, carabiners, climbing shoes).
- 2 Professional guides.
- Private transport.
- Photos and videos.
- First aid kit.
- Light clothing and shoes suitable for a day of adventure in nature
- Photographic camera
Not suitable for:
- Under 12 years old. Children ages 12-17 can participate with parental supervision.
- People with back problems
- People with mobility problems
- People with respiratory problems
- People weighing more than 120 kg
- All required protective equipment will be provided
- All surfaces that visitors come in contact with will be cleaned frequently
- The safety distance in vehicles will be maintained
- The number of visitors will be limited to avoid crowds
Requirements for travelers
- You must fill out a form with travel information
- It will be mandatory to undergo temperature controls
- Large suitcases or bags
- Professional cameras
Frequently Asked Questions:
How is the Sky Bike circuit in Cusco?
The circuit begins with the via ferrata (45 meters high), and at the top it begins with the sky bike, with two roundtrip lines (260 meters of travel in total). Once at the top, the visitor can enjoy the cold and Andean wind of the city.
Then they descend a rappel line (25 meters high), and end up changing safety equipment to climb with grades of 4th and 5th level.
How is the visa from the top?
Once up, the view is spectacular, the cold and Andean wind reminds us that we are at a high altitude, about to overcome one of man’s worst fears: falling into the void.
Is the Sky Bike dangerous in Cusco?
The Sky Bike experience is practiced with protective equipment, helmet and harnesses that the staff is in charge of adjusting so that your “flight” is totally safe
After the visitor is secured to the steel cables, he embarks on the journey through 200 meters of straight track, over a 90-meter deep cliff. A fascinating adventure!
Can I take children to the Sky Bike Adventure Circuit?
It is not possible to bring children. Children ages 12-17 can participate with parental supervision.
What important details should I know about the tour?
In order to comply with the itinerary, the maximum tolerance to start the trip will be 15 minutes.
The mobility seats will be occupied according to the order of arrival, and you must return in the same seat in which you traveled at the beginning of the tour.
How long in advance can I make a reservation?
Maximum up to 48 hours before the start of the activity and / or subject to availability of places. We recommend that you book at least 5 days in advance.
Do I have to carry an identity document during the tour?
Yes, it is essential that all participants carry a valid ID, Immigration Card or Passport during the activity.